We receive many questions regarding HOW our cakes are shipped to insure they are received in one beautiful piece. Many of our competitors have their cakes delivered using gel packs. Others, like us, use dry ice. Here are the comparisons.
Gel Pak Pros:
1. Gel packs can be frozen and added to the cake delivery box2. They are cost effective.
3. Gel Packs do not require a dangerous goods warning label.
4. They can be stored in your freezer.
Gel Pak Cons:
1. They can often leak or ooze.
2. They take up room in your limited amount of freezer space.
3. They don’t keep the cakes frozen, but cold during the cake delivery time. The cakes actually defrost, and during this period of time is usually when the cakes integrity can be compromised.