Frequently Asked Questions & Neiman Marcus’ Cake Instructions (click here to download or see bottom)
Dark Chocolate Bakery
1. Where are you based?
We are based in Dallas, TX
2. When did you start your business?
We have been in business since Fall 2012.
3. Do you have a storefront?
4. Are you strictly an online business?
CAKES & SHIPPING
1. How many cakes come in a box?
For our mini cakes, each order includes six 3″ individual cakes to a box.
2. What if I want to order a cake today for a birthday or anniversary that’s in the future?
You absolutely can order with a future ship date. Please choose carefully from the calendar on the checkout page, because we only ship Monday – Thursday. PLEASE CONSULT YOUR CALENDAR.
3. Where do you ship your cakes?
Our bakery is located in Dallas, TX. Our cakes can be shipped anywhere in the U.S. Monday – Thursday and cakes are delivered free via courier service within Dallas and throughout Texas Monday-Friday.
4. Do you offer free cake delivery or dessert delivery in Dallas?
We do offer free cake delivery and dessert delivery in Dallas, Plano, Richardson, Carrollton, Frisco, Allen, Highland Park, University Park, Southlake and throughout the Dallas suburbs. We can offer same day cake delivery in Dallas, if you call before 10A that day Monday-Friday.
5. When is the latest time you accept cake orders on a given day and when will they be shipped or delivered?
National orders received prior to 12N Monday-Wednesday will be shipped next day. Dallas/Ft. Worth cake orders within a 15 mile radius received prior to 12N Monday – Thursday will be delivered the next day. Special exceptions can be made. Please call 1-469-662-0997 for availability.
5. Do you only offer cake delivery in Dallas? Do you also ship your cakes outside of Dallas?
We offer free cake delivery throughout the Dallas area and Texas. We also ship nationwide Monday-Thursday, during the holiday season from November 1 – December 31st. We carefully watch the weather to ensure our cakes are delivered in perfect condition. Due to the heat, we may only offer an overnight shipping option outside of Texas.
6. How do you ship your cakes? We take great pride in ensuring that our cakes are delivered to you in beautiful condition and taste as fresh as the moment they were prepared. All of our gourmet mini cakes are shipped nationwide via UPS or Fedex. The mini cakes are protected by using individual cell containers, then placed in individual boxes, protected by coolers in sturdy corrugated shipping boxes and shipped with dry ice.
1. Do I have to be home to accept cake delivery?
Because our gourmet cakes are perishable, we ONLY recommend that you schedule delivery for a day that you or someone will be there to accept the shipment. We are not responsible for boxes being left outside.
2. What if I’m shipping as a gift to an office or company? When and how are the cakes delivered?
– Within the Dallas area, we will deliver during normal business hours between 9A – 5P Monday – Friday. No prior phone call will be made to the recipient.
– Outside of Dallas, we ship UPS and Fedex Monday – Thursday and deliveries will usually arrive between 12N and 5P.
– We will either hand-deliver the order to the recipient at the office, or leave the order with the receptionist, depending on the procedures of each office.
3. Do you ship nationwide?
Yes, we ship nationwide via UPS or FEDEX shipping overnight, during the holiday season between November 1st – December 31st. There is a shipping fee associated with any shipments shipped outside of Texas. Please check with each product to let you know the shipping fee.
4. Where do you deliver?
We currently offer free cake delivery to the following areas surrounding Dallas, TX:
- Dallas, TX
Highland Park, TX
University Park, TX
Farmers Branch, TX
Flower Mound, TX
5. What should I do with my box once I receive it?
These cakes must be chilled or frozen. Upon receipt, please read the instructions enclosed in the box for best storing and serving suggestions.
6. Can you deliver to a P.O. Box?
Because we ship using Fedex and UPS, we are unable to deliver to P.O. boxes.
1. If I live in the Dallas, can I just come up and pick up my cakes? If so, when and where?
At this time, we do not offer pick up service.
2. Do you offer custom cakes?
We absolutely do and can ship our mini cakes nationwide! Our beautiful single serving cakes are perfect for wedding and baby showers and as well large parties and events. Please keep in mind the deadline requirements. Just call us at 469-662-0997 for more details.
3. I have a large order and need to ship to multiple addresses. What is the easiest way to do this?
Just call us between 9A and 5P CST at 469-662-0997 e, and we can take care of all of your requirements over the phone.
4. Do you have a storefront/bricks and mortar bakery?
No, we currently do not have a storefront. We wanted to create a unique bakery concept, that didn’t include a storefront. We have been in business since 2012.
PAYMENT METHODS & CORPORATE DISCOUNTS
1. What methods of payment are accepted?
We accept Visa, Master Card and American Express.
2. Do you offer corporate discounts?
Yes, we do offer discounts for large orders. Please call us at 469-662-0997 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Are there any special serving suggestions or instructions?
Yes! Please download your instructions by clicking here. The instructions also come in your shipping package.
1. How do I store cakes?
When your cakes arrives, place either in refrigerator or freezer, dependent upon when you plan to serve.
Thaw cakes either in refrigerator the night before serving or set out on serving plate 3-5 hours at room temperature, prior to serving. The difference in thawing hours is dependent upon your local room temperature.
No cakes require baking.