Signature Moist Flourless Cake Recipe
This is The Dark Chocolate Bakery's signature cake. We experimented with many techniques to develop the ultimate moist rich flourless cake recipe. Often referred to as a truffle cake, our rustic version of a flourless cake is beautiful to the pallat and eyes! Your guests will be amazed!
- 9 oz 70% Scharffenberger Baking Chocolate
- 9 oz Granulated Sugar
- 9 oz Sweetened Butter
- 6 large Eggs seperated
Butter 10" round can pan or use Wilton Cake Release found at Michaels
- 9 oz 70% Scharffenberger chocolate chopped
- 1 cup` Heavy Cream
- Add one 1 – 2 inches of water to a double boiler (bain-marie) and allow the water to stay below the boiling point. Add chocolate and butter and allow to melt, gently stirring until smooth. Let cool.
- In a large bowl combine eggs yolks with the sugar and carefully fold in the chocolate mixture.
- Beat the eggs whites until firm and gently fold into chocolate mixture. (please note: be careful as to not introduce air while stirring, because it will make the batter too fluffy)
- Pour batter into 10” round pan and bake for 40 minutes
- Take cake out of oven and allow to cool. Don’t worry if it caves in the middle. That’s what you want!!!!!
- Place heavy cream in a small sauce pan over medium heat. Bring just to a boil. Watch carefully so it doesn’t boil over or burn! Remove pan from burner and add chocolate and whisk until smooth.
- Allow to cool just slightly before pouring over the cake. You want to start in the middle and just allow it to barely drip over the sides.
- Garnish with sifted cocoa powder and large chocolate shavings if desired.